Monday, January 28, 2008

Using LOTS of scraps

Tonight was a girl scout meeting. We made flip flops to wear to Camporee. I'm not sure how many yards I used, but it was a lot of ugly! Our theme this year is going to be red white and blue, so I pulled out everything in those colors that I don't love anymore. The scraps I like the least were the ones the girls fought over -- paper glittery snowflakes and blue with hot pink birds of paradise were the big hits of the night -- yikes. Not much time for sewing tonight, but I might pull out some Dear Jane Blocks while the president gives his state of the union

1 comment:

Tracey in CT said...

My daughters Girl Scout troop made flip flops like that a couple years ago, with fleece strips. I didn't think those shoes were EVER going to die! The kids all loved them to pieces.