Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend with Mom

I had a great weekend with Mom! Her company took care of everything and all the award winners and their guests had the royal treatment all weekend. It was nice to be able to relax and have someone else take care of all of the planning and organization. I can imagine all of the work that went into getting hundreds of people assembled, transported, fed and entertained for three days. It was obvious that no expense was spared, and they made sure everything was top of the line. I met so many wonderful people and they were all friendly and gracious. It is very comforting to know that my Mom is working with such nice people.
One unexpected bonus was that I got all sorts of free gifts! Because the event is associated with a hair styling salon, the vendors participated and brought all sorts of goodies. I am overloaded with bags, mugs, pens, hats, and more hair styling products than a low maintenance girl like me could use in several years!

No comments: