Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Taking Advantage

I have been gifted with two extra days of "vacation". Even with the sound of the rain on the roof, we have power, so I'm getting stuff done. I just finished putting the blocks together for Dad's Plaids. The size is just about right, but I'm still thinking a small border would be good, mainly because I have so many flying geese done. I think I might put those in two corners and fill it in with plain strips. I'll have to start laying some things down and see how they look. Right now, the kids are waiting patiently to make some cookies. I thought the smell of warm fresh snickerdoodles would be good right about now.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

The quilt looks great, I love those colours together. Here's hoping you remain hurricane-free - and two extra days holiday can't be bad can it? Candace sent me the recipe for snickerdoodles, I really must have a go sometime even if it's just to be able to say the name out loud!