Thursday, February 5, 2009

Knit One Purl Two

It's been bitterly cold here and I have not got much in the way of winter wear. I also needed something relaxing to do while hanging out on the couch and watching TV. I had some soft suedy blue chenile yarn that I found on sale at Joann last week and decided to turn it into a scarf. I think it will be quite cozy as I brave the freezing winter wind during my morning car loop duty. I've never been much a knitter, but I think I'm doing it right. My first try turned out about a foot wide, so I tore that out and tried for something narrower. I haven't got a pattern, but I'm going to keep going until it seems long enough and then maybe put a fringe on the ends. Sydney is already requesting one in pink, so maybe I'll let her pick out some yarn and whip one up for her as well. I know knitting socks is really popular right now, but I'd never put that much work into something that was meant to go on my feet.

2 comments:

Amy said...

First of all, knitting?! For once, we have something NOT in common! :0) Never learned it, nor have ambition to learn it.

Secondly....A-N-G-E-L-A! *stomping foot*. Thursday night.....two or three days before the marathon...and you go to bed near 11:30 pm?!?!?!?!? Have you gone mad?!?!?

Thinking of you, wondering if you are running cuz I don't know if the marathon is today (Saturday) or when.... If you're running, hopefully you'll make your 5 hour goal!!!!

Julie said...

And of course just as soon as you finish it the weather will be warm again.
LOL, I just had to scroll back up and tell you that the "word verification" is fixin. LOL, as in - I am fixin to put some grades in my grade book.