Sunday, March 29, 2009

Slow Going

It's slow going around here, but I got the Buttons and Bowties blocks put together and bordered yesterday. I'm still not thrilled about the colors. I think it's just too many brights and not enough contrast. Still, it's done, and I'm in the midst of piecing some batting right now.
Sydney has had the stomach flu this weekend, and I'm struggling with a head cold. The menfolk were supposed to be off camping, but a big thunderstorm was in the forecast so they were all sent home again.
I worked through some more happy blocks while I was at the machine. These are simple and fun to do. Unfortunately I only had one charm pack of the monkey fabric, which isn't enough for a whole top. I found some more of the same fabric at the fat quarter shop though, and put in an order on Friday. I'm always torn when I buy something just because I like it. I hate to buy enough of everything for a new quilt that I may or may not get to, but if I do end up turning the little bits and pieces into a quilt, I never seem to have enough of everything. I guess i could only buy the things I know I will turn into a quilt in the very near future, but where's the fun in that?
Anna was at a sleepover last night, I'm going to pick her up now and then we're all going to see Monsters and Aliens in 3-D. Hopefully I can layer up my quilt this afternoon.


4 comments:

Donna said...

I love the bright cheerful buttons and bowties -- reminds me of clothes that I would be drawn to as a child, and always told "no" they're too loud! hehehe

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

It is bright and cheery. It would make some very happy. I can't believe how much you get done. It is inspiring.

Julie said...

I like the brights. Very happy looking.
I went to Atlanta yesterday and the Greater Atlanta Shop Hop was on! It was so much fun, and I only bought 5 yards of white Kona muslin and a few fat quarters. Well, that is the only fabric I bought, as for books and patterns....well, I bought my fair share of them. LOL.

Amanda said...

What a fun looking quilt. I know what you mean though about buying fabric - though I'm hopeless at just buying it because I like it, I only buy when I have a specific project in mind. I wish I could loosen up a bit, but there's too much puritan in my soul!