Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June UFO


Number 11 is the UFO for the month of June. For me that is my Tea Rose Sampler. I think that is what I was calling it anyway. This quilt started as a beautiful bundle of fat quarters that my mom got me for Christmas two years ago. I wanted to allow the fabrics to remain in large pieces and designed a number of blocks built around 6.5 inch squares with variations of patterns in the 3.5 inch area surrounding each block. I was doing pretty well until I got to the flying geese sections which did not want to fit nicely. It got put away neatly in a labeled box which contained all of my sketches and plans. Despite being better organized than most UFOs, it will still take a bit of remembering and figuring to decide how this is all going to come together to make a quilt. Other than that, I think today calls for a bit more laundry, cleaning out the fridge and some time with the girls. Sydney has a gift card from her birthday that needs spending and Anna wants to get a digital watch. I think tomorrow is going to have a trip to the library and Friday is a day off for Kurt. Welcome to summer vacation.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

It sounds as if you're beginning to get into the holiday spirit now. Have a great few days.

Julie said...

Isn't it wonderful to get all those things done that you have been putting off until summer? Feels good!

Amy said...

Yes, after reading and looking at pics of your June UFO, it sure looks large, but you'll manage :0)

And weird---I just went to my list, but I don't have an 11??? Tis okay, because I'm still behind on my other UFO's, PLUS some of my WIP's have meandered into a true UFO definition since I haven't touched some of them for a couple of months.