Monday, October 12, 2009

Still a Quilter?

I recently went on facebook and asked a simple question, "How long can you go without running and still call yourself a runner?" Now I'm starting to think the same about quilting. Girl Scout paperwork has taken over the desk where my sewing machine used to sit. I did run yesterday, but the quilting is still on a bit of a hiatus. I keep thinking that things will settle down -- I keep thinking it will be soon. This is a short week at school. We've combined the PSAT with parent conferences and teacher in-services to have a nice long weekend for the kids. Maybe this will be my chance. The quarter has just ended and so grading is up to date. Maybe I'll take a stitch or two soon. Not tonight, I have a meeting, or tomorrow, that is Girl Scouts, then Wednesday is football, but I don't have to go. Maybe that will my chance. I'll send the girls along to cheer and get out Mom's Sister's Choice to baste. It has to be done before Thanksgiving. I'd better get going.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm feeling a bit like that about blogging! I rarely managed to do any of my hobbies when I was teaching full time; even during the holidays I seemed to spend the time catching up with housework and sleeping. I'm sure you'll get back to sewing in time and enjoy it all the more when you do.

Micki said...

I am sure that everything will settle down, and you will coordinate your time to do all the things that you want!
Micki

Rhonda said...

Hi Angela,
So much to do, so little time, eh?
I think that's how it is for most of us too.
I'm on Facebook now too... will look you up.