Friday, December 25, 2009

Ho Ho Ho

Happy Christmas day to everyone out there. We are safely in the cold rain of Georgia today ready for round two of our Christmas festivities.

I quilted frantically to get Sister's Choice ready for Mom in time and it is officially done. As soon as I sat down to start stitching the binding down, Lizzie scootched on over to keep me company. She is an excellent quilting companion and didn't seem to mind the time required to stitch down almost 500 linear inches of binding!! I'm well caught up on my DVR backlog now and the quilt is ready for Christmas giving.
I caught up on everyone's blogs on my iphone during the trip and Amy has me thinking about my quilting plans for next year. I think I finished 8 of my UFOs on the Patchwork Penguin Challenge. I was absolutely reliable until School started again in August and then I hardly sewed anything for 4 months. It was an excellent challenge though and I finished off several projects that I am sure would have languished without the extra motivation. I've got several lists going now with ideas for next year and will have to figure out how to do one of those cool photo collages to highlight my accomplishments for last year.
I also finished another Dear Jane Block in the car. I forget what the name was.

5 comments:

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

Merry Christmas. Great lil companion!

Aunt Spicy said...

I am just impressed that you can quilt in the car! Hope you had a merry Christmas!

Amy said...

:0)
:0)
So glad you finished up Mom's Sister's Choice just in time for gifting!!!!

Between the two of us, we'll get something rollin' for 2010 UFOs!

Micki said...

I will agree that I am also impressed that you can quilt in a car. Lovely, but still amazing!
Happy New Year to you!
Micki

Candace said...

Sister's Choice and Lizzie look really cute together. I am also amazed, I can't even read in the car. Happy New Year! Are you going to be doing Amy's BOM? As Amanda says, I'm giving it a go.