Saturday, January 30, 2010

Love the Weekend

The last two weekends have been devoted to nonstop quilting. Things are a little more balanced this weekend. I got these pictures in an e-mail from El, one of the ladies from the quilt marathon for Haiti last weekend. We were the two die hards who worked all night on Friday and came back again on Saturday. We had a lot of fun and chatted quite a bit through the night.
The one just cracks me up because she cut off the lady who was holding up the other end of the quilt. I can't remember her name for the life of me, but she was a little grumpy and insulted my sewing machine for being too noisy before telling me that I didn't get any extra points for all of my fancy quilting. I didn't know for sure how to respond to that, but I guess El showed how she felt about the terse comments by cropping that woman right out of the picture!
I haven't done much on the quilting front this weekend, but I think I'll spend some time tomorrow seeing if I can get some work done on my January UFO. I finished off Sock Monkey's already, so I won't feel too guilty about swapping the numbers around if I don't get my depression blocks entirely done by the end of the weekend.

5 comments:

Leah Spencer said...

Sounds like El's a keeper! Love the second picture. :)

Amanda said...

There's always a way to show your feelings about someone that satisfies you, even if that person never realises. Cropping her out of the photograph is a great way to deal with it.

Amy said...

didn't get any extra points for all of my fancy quilting
I don't think I've ever met a grumpy quilter before, but now I have through you. I couldn't help but chuckle. Thanks for sharing!
Enjoy your Sunday!

Barb said...

just came here from "Bitnbyaquiltingbug" ~ curious because she said you were in Florida. You must be close because if I'm not mistaken ~ this picture was taken at Boutique 4 Quilters ~ a favorite shop of mine! Small world.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

sounds like that grumpy quilter was very jealous of you. I would have had lots of choice words for her. Glad you and your friend had a blast though, and that second pic cracks me up.