Thursday, April 15, 2010

Excellent Customer Service

The web site said my packages were loaded for delivery at 6:47 this morning. I left a lovely note for the UPS man describing which neighbor could sign if a signature was required and when they would be home. Then I found odd moments between classes to call the neighbors to see if any deliveries had come. Finally by 2 I brought the rest of my work home with me and there they were, 7 cardboard boxes of various shapes and sizes!

Most of the afternoon was spent carefully unpacking each box, checking for instructions and watching instructional DVDs. The table came first, it took three boxes. Try as I might, I could not find any screws to hold it all together. Although I was sure I could call and get more, I didn't want to wait, so off to Ace Hardware I went on the way to get the kids. They are always so ridiculously nice there. A nice older gentleman greeted me at the door, walked back with me and helped me find exactly the right size of screw. I paid $2.64 for a box of 100 and went home to happily do minor construction. Kurt arrived in the midst of all of this on the way to a business dinner and began grumbling about the $600 dollar table that didn't even come with screws. He could accept the cost of the machine and frame, but somehow the additional cost of the table was ready to send him over the edge. I ignored him blissfully and continued on my way.
Without instructions I wasn't sure about the finishing touches, and so called up Handiquilter and explained my dilemma. Instructions were in my e-mail within minutes, and Whitney promised to send a new hardware package containing the screws, some locking mechanisms and wooden dowels. I had started to set the frame up and put together the rails when dinnertime hit.
Tonight was a fundraiser night at Chick-fil-A for the kids school. Most of the teachers and administrators were there as well as what seemed like hundreds kids. They are always so nice there, and I think they had extra staff on hand for the special event. We came home with all sorts of stuffed cows and balloons. Anna helped me with the boxes and managed to find the mysterious missing screws! I'm so anxious to be sewing something, but the interim has just ended and grades are due at 8 in the morning. I finished the last of the grading last night, but I've still got to put the last little bit into the computer and make comments for each student. I'm taking a personal day to see Anna's music performance at school and take Lizzie to the vet to be fixed. That means I can stay up until the wee hours and try to get everything up and going. Now, back to work so I won't feel guilty about finding time to play.

4 comments:

Linda Lee said...

Exciting! I anxious to see the table set up and your first project!

Candace said...

It's going to be wonderful. There is a yahoo group (isn't there always) if you don't already belong:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/homequiltingsystems/
There is really good information there, both in messages and files. I belong, but only because I hope to have a frame one of these days. I have a Juki TL98Q, and would use that.

Amy said...

Can't wait to see more pictures after your "work day" today :0)
-Amy (7:01 Friday morning, on her way to work)

Orchard Packaging USA said...

The main purpose of the Custom Cream Packaging is to enhance the value of the product. The use of creams in cosmetics has triggered innovation in the packaging industry. In the last few decades, the cosmetics industry has revolutionized due to its high-level demand. People use different kinds of creams. Thus, the consumption of the product comprehends the rate of the business of a brand. Thus, due to the high-level demand for trendy and stylish finishing of the cosmetics, we have introduced various features of Eye Shadow Boxes. We incorporate the different styles and features to make your product unique. Thus, plz contact us to distinguish your product.