Monday, May 31, 2010

How Did that Happen?

I was trying to finish off the border for Starlight Starbright in between steps for Crumb Cake. I remember cutting out foundation strips for the rainbow effect and carefully measuring them to fit between cornerstones of wonky squares. Admittedly, they've been sitting and waiting patiently for a while now, but how did they shrink?!? OK, so maybe they didn't shrink, but why do they not fit? Was I planning on piecing two of them together for each side? Did I plan on filling in the empty space with something else? What exactly was I thinking? Maybe if I search through my blog archives I'll find some clue as to what I had planned for these oddly sized fabric strips which I have methodically covered with rainbow colors. Or maybe I'm going to have to make up something creative.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I frequently have "what was I thinking?" moments. You probably had a good idea - maybe you can come up with a better one (sorry, I don't have any suggestions).

Amy said...

Well, be sure to take your time figuring it out, because those borders are AMAZING!!!!! LOVIN' it!

Goodness---one week in and already a couple of finishes on the horizon....

Almost there, almost there, almost there....

Quilts and Cats said...

I think maybe you were going to cut the strips lengthwise and make a narrower border. Then everything would be long enough! Anyhow, it looks great. Lynne