Sunday, July 18, 2010

Crumb Cake is Done Done

Quilt number two on the binding list was Crumb Cake. As the name implies, it is made of crumb squares; 7.5 inches of random scraps sewn together with no particular pattern in mind. I had fun with the development of the idea for this quilt using free pieced letters. I'm not extremely happy with the choice I made for sashes and cornerstones though. It doesn't exactly highlight the blocks. I had enough of the same parrot fabric left for the border though. It is quilted with fleur-de-lis and finished with a hot pink binding.
The back is just as random as the front. It used up several non quilt pieces of fabric that were in the donation box. The salmon color is linen and the stripe is that crinkly cotton, I think it's called seersucker. So, even though I'm not thrilled with the final product, I loved making this quilt, so I guess that is worth something in the end.

1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

Love this quilt...one of my favorites! I really want to make some crumb blocks and see what I come up with. Might be a good winter project to clear out the odd size scrap box.