Sunday, August 28, 2011

Can't Quite Make it Three

I'm trying something a little different for the first monkey quilt.  It isn't exactly put together very well.  My sister and I were working at Mom's house with a machine that had very little tension, a tiny mat with no ruler and a dull rotary cutter.  Considering all of that, I'm amazed that it came together at all.  I'm thinking that lots of quilting is the only thing that is going to hold all the pieces together.  I'm using these wavy lines that undulate back and forth in a maze like fashion somewhere between a quarter and a half inch apart.  I'm sure it won't take me long once I get going, but I really need to get some lesson plans set for the week.  So, just two quilts done today, but the third is soon to come. 

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Just two quilts in one day? I'd be happy if I could say that in one month! Well done!