Sunday, August 28, 2011

Priorities

I wasn't in a piecing mood this morning after finishing the Loggies.  Instead I pulled out Baby Nines and got it loaded onto the frame.  In the process of digging, I unearthed Monkey Business which is for my nephew Zach.  It is supposed to be two quilts, my sister and I finished the first while I was staying with Mom after her surgery this summer.
I'll be seeing her again soon, so finishing off those quilts percolated to the top of the list.  I didn't have anything for backing or batting of course, so me and my Joann's coupon needed to make a trip out.  Foundation piecing paper was on the list as well and the girls want "grass" to put under their doll houses. 
While I was running out these little cuties were finishing up in the wash. I haven't got a large stash of 1930s fabric and have been trying to get a little collection going for the midget quilt.  Mom called me from a quilt shop near where she lives and was telling me about all the great fabrics they had.  She isn't a quilter, but was there with my Aunt Marilyn who was visiting from out of town.  Marylin is a big hand quilter and is always working on something for her church.  I told Mom to ask them if they carried any depression era reproductions, and she picked out a stack of fat quarters to send to me.  Aren't they cute?  I especially love the floral on the left end, I know just the block that it will go into.  So now that I am stocked up on new fabrics and foundation paper, I am inspired to work on a midget block, but I guess I'd better work on the other quilts first. 

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Lovely new fabrics for your miniature blocks.

The "monkey business" fabric is very cute!