Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pink Nines

I finally found a few minutes to sew today.  I wouldn't call it quality sewing time.  It was one of those, sew a little, start the laundry, cut a little, watch the kids swim sort of days.  At the end of it all though, I have a cute little batch of nine patches from one inch strips.  I'll mix these pinks with the reds and greens from earlier, and at the end of the year it will turn into something I'm sure.  A crazy part of me thinks they would be adorable alternated with some cute hourglass blocks, but the reasonable part might win with a simpler setting.  Time will tell. 

7 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I vote for the crazy part of you! Sounds like a great layout idea!

Cyn said...

me too, me too - I vote for crazy! Life is just too short to "play it safe" all the time. Love the Pink!

Sheila said...

They are so cute!
Difficult to believe they are so small :D

Andee said...

That is more sewing time than I got in today..they are SO cute. Reminds me of Double Delight!

Angie said...

Hourglass blocks aren't difficult - go for it! Love the scrappy nines.

Ellen said...

I am all about the hourglass blocks as well. I have been thinking about making a whole quilt with just hourglass blocks.

waggonswest said...

These little blocks are very cute. I can imagine them mixed with the red and green ones. It will be beautiful, hourglass or not.