Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Not Quite a Flimsy and a Milestone

I spent a bit of the afternoon finishing up the setting squares for teal crumbs and starting to but the blocks together.  Diagonal rows are so much more tedious to get together than straight ones, but I am  chipping away at it from either corner, working in and pressing the rows as I go. 
When I finished the last few necessary blocks I started to think about doing a nice tidy up, because crumbs can be messy.  Along the way I found the stack of Midget blocks finished off on our last long car trip.  I went ahead and got those photographed and scheduled Tiny Tuesday posts to go up for each.  I am worked ahead to the middle of September in case things get too busy at school and I miss a week or two along the way.  While organizing, I realized that I have made 101 miniature blocks! I need to do one more to reach the goal of 1 block per week for the last two years.  August 3 is my second anniversary of starting on this quilt, so I will do a big group photo shoot and shout hurray!  I wonder if I can finish the rest before Christmas? 

8 comments:

Amy said...

Doing a Midget Dance for you! Again....you ROCK!

Lynne said...

Wow! Won't it be lovely to see them all done? Although you'll probably miss them but I'm sure you'll find a substitute!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Wow that sure is a lot of midgets! Can't wait to see them all together in one place.

Ellen said...

That's a lot of midget blocks -very impressive. I need to get back to sewing mine. Next week I will be back at them! I think you are correct - the key is getting them prepped and ready to go.

Kate said...

Congrats on the midget milestone, a block a week for 2 years is pretty impressive.

Sheila said...

Congratulations! One a week for two years!
Love how the crumb quilt is coming along.

Teresa in Music City said...

Congratulations! Isn't it just the greatest feeling to meet a goal?!?

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Fantastic! Love the crumb blocks!