Sunday, August 5, 2012

Handowork Sunday - Tortoise Time

I've been so busy sewing bindings since the Olympics started that I almost neglected my Dear Jane Blocks this week.  Today is Sunday though, and thanks to Kathy's hand work linky party, I remembered to pull her out again to take along to Sydney's piano lesson.  It isn't a long lesson, but even a few stitches forward gets me further along than I was yesterday.  I am determined to get this quilt done faster than my last hand quilting adventure which clocked in at 3 years and 7 months. 

5 comments:

Kath said...

I'd love to see all this quilt.
I am a slow hand quilter too!

Quilter Kathy said...

So glad you made time for some hand quilting today...thanks for linking up!

Teresa in Music City said...

Looking good Angela! My Dear Jane took 4 years to piece but I only worked on it on Fridays with a sewing group. I did occasionally work on applique pieces when I traveled. Are you doing yours all by hand? I paper-pieced, traditionally pieced, appliqued, and hand pieced - depending on what the block seemed to need.

Deb A said...

Every little stitch counts! I have yet to do a big quilt so 3 years sounds logical to me!

Ellen said...

Good for you - I am still working on hand-quilting my Seven Sisters quilt. I am almost finished but I don't seem to be picking it up very often. Maybe when the weather is cooler and there is less work in the garden!