Monday, September 3, 2012

#4 on the List - Teal Crumbs

I just finished taking the last stitch in the flimsy for the teal crumbs.  I'll check out the size on Sydney's bed to see if it wants a border, but it is done enough for now.  So I now have three tops ready to be quilted and one who needs binding.  Not bad for a long weekend.  Most importantly, after all the weekend frenzy, I feel perfectly happy now about jumping into Hawaii Sunset full speed ahead!  There are nine patches and four patches in the leader and ender basket and paper piecing patterns ready for flying geese.  Hopefully my order from Connecting Threads will be here soon enough to get used, but until then, I can dig into some scraps and officially get started before Amy leaves me in the dust.
Oh, I also got my long lost Midget blocks sashed and up onto the wall with the new one from the Grandmother's Choice blog.  There is a new photo posted under the Midget tab with all the finished blocks so far.  It looks like there are 103 blocks total.  I really should decide how many I am going to make.  I can't just go on indefinitely after all. 
Tomorrow it is back to school again.  Sydney is moving classes because of some classroom consolidation and is excited to have her second first day of school.  Her new class will be combined 3rd and 4th grade with all gifted students, so that should be a good fit for her.  Generally though, I think it is going to be a calm week. 

8 comments:

Suzy said...

Wow! You sure made the most of your long weekend! :o)

Amy said...

LOL! Trust me....with your relaxed back-in-school-mode schedule vs MY just-getting-back-to-school-mode schedule, YOU'LL be leaving me in the dust in no time :0)

Excellent weekend progress.

Debbie said...

Not only did you get a lot of sewing on your quilts done...you even found time to share your progress. Atta girl! Hope this great weekend keeps your creative juices going as you head back to school/work.

Cyn said...

OMGoodness but you got a lot done this weekend! Good for you.
Love your Teal Crumbs. Pretty!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Oh yes, you got lots of sewing done this weekend. Hurrah for you. Now your going to actually start that project you weren't starting before. Yippee! Can't wait till you get your next lil midget done. Love looking at all your cute lil blocks. Probably because I know I probably will never make those lil ones. They look great.

Andee said...

I like it....nice shade of blue!

Lynne said...

That flimsy is really lovely!

Kate said...

Wow! The teal just makes those blocks pop. Beautiful quilt. You've had a busy weekend.