Saturday, September 29, 2012

Done with That One

 Smith Mountain Morning just came off the quilting frame.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love quilting on my HQ16?  I used to wrestle with quilts for days.  Now I seriously enjoy the process of finishing quilts. 
The Baptist Fans are all freehand -- this is such a quick pattern and I think it has a nice traditional feel to it.  I need to make some binding, but first, the pieces of the back for the teal quilt are still getting sewn together.  If I can get that done I'll get one more quilt loaded up so it will be ready when I have some time. I am remembering a cool circuit board kind of quilting patter I saw somewhere.  I wonder if I can find it again?

11 comments:

Grit said...

This Quilt is so fantastic. I like the pattern and the fabrics you used.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Deb A said...

Love how that turned out. Hmmmmm. I may have to start looking into a frame and machine for machine quilting =). I dread putting them though my little viking.

Kath said...

That's just beautiful.

Teresa in Music City said...

I just love that quilt!!!! You certainly got it quilted in no time at all! Bonnie has such interesting patterns :*) It's on my list for "someday". A group of us are thinking about starting a Bonnie group, getting together one day a week at each other's houses and working on a Bonnie quilt. That might work well for me to get busy with a couple of hers that I really want to make.

Angie said...

I am always impressed with the ease and speed with which you get your quilts quilted. I'll have to read up on the HQ16. The Baptist fans look great with the stars!

Kate said...

You've been blazing through projects this last week. Smith Mountain Morning is gorgeous. I'm going to have to put a blue/brown quilt on the bucket list, I really like how those colors work together in this quilt.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

It's gorgeous! *gasp* :) Happy weekend to you!
ox

Candace said...

It's so beautiful. No wonder my list of want tos keeps getting longer.

Amanda said...

It looks lovely. I'd love to have a go at longarm quilting someday. I enjoy quilting but it's a bit of a chore when I have a large quilt.

Béa said...

Another beauty ! bravo

janequiltsslowly said...

I really love this pattern and I like the freehand baptist fan quilting with it. You may have seen the circuit board pattern on the free motion quilting blog hosted by Leah Day.