Friday, September 28, 2012

Happy Friday Quilt Parade - Flamingo Bay

 Here is a finished daylight view of Flamingo Bay. 
 The quilting is a freehand swirl with some echo quilting. 
 It doesn't show up all that much on such a busy background, but it does add a nice texture to the finished quilt. 
The back was a huge length of pink from a clearance sale at Joann's stretched out with a bit of teal that I bought to redo Sydney's room before she decided on a zebra themed. 
I am now officially done with last years Bonnie Hunter mystery and free to start the new one in November.  I really should resist, but I don't know if I can.  I have been trying to get things finished off lately, but new projects keep adding themselves to my list. 

12 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

It's a fabulous finish!
I love that shot from the back with the sun shining through!
I don't have the last two finished and will be starting the new one for sure! LOL

Teresa in Music City said...

Great job & wonderful photo, especially with the sun shining through :*) I'm on the line about starting Bonnie's new mystery. I've just got too much started and need to get some of them off my plate first. I may have to just keep the clues and start it a little later than everyone else.

Angie said...

Congrats on finishing this one in less than a year! Great color scheme!

Suzy said...

Gorgeous!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Woo Hoo. You know as I was looking at the calendar today at work and realized Monday is the beginning of October, I thought to myself.....oh no, I only have one month to get Orca Bay done, before the next one starts!!! Glad I am not the only one that thinks like that. :D As for skipping it, you know we can't....it is impossible for us to do that.

Andee said...

Even more stunning. Looking good..no worries, I haven't touched my Hawaii Sunset in two weeks! EEK!

Kate said...

Beautifully done! Congrats on getting this one finished.

janequiltsslowly said...

This is an amazing quilt! Thanks for the daylight views and the closeups on the quilting.

Béa said...

WONDERFUL !

Kristan said...

So pretty! Have fun with the next one. :)

Lynne said...

Orca Bay is an amazing quilt design. I wonder what November holds in store? ;-)

Amanda Jean said...

Wow!! What an awesome finish! Congrats. :)

Thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!