Friday, September 28, 2012

Happy Friday Quilt Parade - Irish Chain

It is officially the first time I've been home during daylight hours this week.  That makes it the perfect day for a Friday finished quilt parade.  Here is a daylight view of the Scrappy Irish Chain. 
The quilting on this one was feathered wreaths in the open squares. 
The back is an wild assortment of floral prints that cleared out my stash and prompted my husband to ask if I wondered whether anyone ever looked at the back. 

8 comments:

Sheila said...

I like your Irish Chain. The backing, too. Thoughtful question.
I'm going to have some interesting backings as I'm trying to clear out some of my stash, too.

Pam in KC said...

How did you quilt the chain blocks? I'm leaning toward continuous curves -- with some sort of feather in the open blocks.

Angie said...

Love the bright colors in your Irish Chain!

Andee said...

It is beautiful and I love the look of the picture with the light coming through!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

This one is so cheerful looking! An irish chain is on my too doo list. Just haven't decided if I will do it scrappy or controlled colors. I never did scrappy till I found Bonnie's page, now I do more scrappy than anything.

Kate said...

Love all those brights with the white. Congrats on another finish!

Kath said...

LOL does anyone look at the back? Here in England they give you cotton gloves to wear at a show because they KNOW we want to touch and turn the quilt over :-D
I expect it's the same for you American girls.
I fell in love with Irish chain after I made a table runner for my SIL. I love the quilt you made, especially the crinklyness which gives it such charm.

Lynne said...

I am loving the idea of an Irish Chain quilt more and more!