Monday, September 17, 2012

Mini Monday - Grandma 3

 I didn't have time on Saturday to make the Grandmother's Choice block of the week.  It is just three weeks in, and I am avoiding long term commitments, but for now I am making one midget sized grandma block each week to add to my collection.  This one was easy to resize by drawing it out on graph paper.  The middle nine patch is made of 1.5 inch squares. I think the corner squares are about 2 inches, but I just cut them big and trimmed them at the end to make them square up while keeping the quarter in seam allowance along the edges. 
 The closer it gets to the end of the year, the more anxious I get to get this quilt done.  I haven't decided yet how many blocks to make, but I'll have to call it quits some time, and after two years, I am already starting to work on  new schemes and plans. 
How about combining the Rainbow Scrap Challenge with a Dear Jane quilt?  I could focus on a new color each month and work my way around in a beautiful rainbow bulls-eye.  Just a thought.  No new projects for now.  But maybe for the new year? 

9 comments:

Sheila said...

You go girl!

Deb A said...

You crack me up! Looks like you are set for next years challenge. How about make blocks up to December for Midgets and call it done?

Kath said...

Oh I would love it if you made the Dear Jane rainbow. I keep looking at it myself, but wouldnt know where to start.
I enjoyed the links, I didn't know anything about Jane until I read about her there.

Ellen said...

Brilliant! I love that you are combining the two I plan on making these blocks at some point in the future because I love the history behind them.

Lynne said...

The Rainbow Dear Jane looks pretty amazing!

Andee said...

WOW this one looks like it is going to be amazing..too!

Kate said...

Your GC block reminds me of an orange dreamsicle (sp?).

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Count me in. Got the book, got the templates, playing with the colored pencils, markers, fabrics....now to get me a bolt of black and we will be set! Only 225 blocks to do in 365 days of the year. I think I can, I think I can. Woo Hoo! Rainbow Jane, here we all come!

Unknown said...

I'm just starting my dear jane and want to color the quilt blocks like you did on this post. Can you tell me where you found the blank color free template? B_ganser@hotmail.com