Saturday, September 1, 2012

ScrapHappy Pumpkin Color

With school back in full swing it is starting to seem like fall to me.  I know that a trip to a pumpkin patch is right around the corner and I am feeling inspired to use up my orange scraps.  I was amazed at how few oranges I had in my scrap jar!  These itty bitty nine patches polished off the bulk of them.  I'll need to dig through the drawers of squares and strips as well to keep going for the month.  
I've been making these little nine patches all year, not quite sure how they were going to end up.  I remembered seeing an amazing quilt somewhere that needed them and was sewing on faith.  There are two contenders for now.  One is called the birthday quilt and just needs these squares alternating with 2 inch squares all on point.  The other one is called OmiGosh and uses a combination of nine patches with four patches on point and half square triangles.  You can see it here and here and here
I'm not sure yet which one I'll make, but now I have a reason to keep making more nine patches. 
What are you up to on this first orange Saturday?  Use the linky below to share your progress.

11 comments:

Amy said...

Ooooo......yay! Orange! Yes, definitely the "mood" color for Fall. Leaves have been turning for the past week already.... **sigh**

Deb A said...

Both of those patters are really spectacular. Either choice is a winner. Looking forward to see what these little guys turn into. Have a great holiday weekend.

Lynne said...

Both the Birthday Quilt and the OmiGosh quilt are stunning! I have virtually no orange scraps so I guess I'll continue ploughing through my blue, blue, blue!

Kate said...

Wow, those two quilts are gorgeous. All those itty bitty blocks. Maybe when I retire!

I'm going to have to "make" some orange scraps cause I don't have much either, but I really want to keep up with the coffee cup quilt.

Rosa said...

Love all those blocks fall color !

LuAnn said...

Both quilts are great. I've done the birthday quilt, and those little tiny nine patches are really addictive.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh yes I love orange!!! Nothing like orange to sparkle up a quilt :*) I have a friend who has made the Oh My Gosh quilt... I couldn't believe how much work was involved!!! It's a gorgeous quilt, but.....

Quilter Kathy said...

Both quilts are amazing...can't wait to see which one you sew!

Andee said...

Loving the orange!

Chris the Quilter said...

I have made the quilt, *just* need to quilt it this week

will email you a picture



...oh and new blog address....

chris-the-quilter.bravesites.com

Edith said...

'Oh my gosh' is a great name for that quilt, absolutely amazing. I'm back from vacation and about to dig in to my scrap drawer, looking for orange.