Sunday, September 2, 2012

Slowly on Sunday

 I've been remembering this week to pull Jane out in the evenings while settling in to watch a bit of TV.  Hand quilting is a nice excuse to sit and be still. I don't do that often enough.  There are about 10 blocks done so far, so it is coming along nicely.  I think the border needs a nice feather of some sort, or maybe a rope?  Plenty of time for such lofty decisions as she is in no hurry to be done.  
I did pull out the water bottle to start taking out some of the water soluble marking pen.  I think there is a white version I can try on the dark fabric.  Head over to Kathy's Blog to see what handwork other people are pulling out on Sunday. 

9 comments:

Deb A said...

Oohhhh. That is so pretty! Your hand quilting is looking great. I may have to try some of these marking tools when I pull out my fireworks quilt for quilting.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's such a great project to hand quilt! So glad you are having some time to relax and quilt. Thanks for linking up...as you probably noticed I screwed up the code, and just fixed it now, so can you relink your post so your photo can be seen...sorry for the technical glitch this week!!

Sheila said...

That quilt is beautiful. And all hand quilted. You are good!

Lynne said...

Lovely! I bet you had plenty of blue scraps after that!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great to see a Jane being hand quilted. I machine quilted two for customers and thought hand work would have been better. Love the blue and white.

Andee said...

Beautiful...nothing like doing something when you aren't really doing something! I love to be doing something while watching tv..which I count as doing nothing, lol!

Quilter Kathy said...

Thanks for relinking...it's working now!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love you Dear Jane, someday I am going to have to start one. Your hand quilting looks wonderful. I hope to start hand quilting my peony quilt in a few weeks, love sitting in the evening and stitching.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

always always love the look and feel of hand quilting. It looks so good on Jane.