Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sunset Fabric

It was a cold and rainy evening.  Football practice was cancelled, but I was on gymnastics duty and it doesn't stop for rain.  It was almost bedtime before everyone was home and showered.  I could have easily called it a night myself after settling the kids in, but stopped to check on blog posts. There was Bonnie, live with another quiltcam post.  I couldn't just sit and watch of course, so off I went to iron some of the new fabric that just came in from Connecting threads for Hawaii Sunset.  I think I could still use a few more pinks, there are 24 geese in each block I think, 5 pinks won't go far.  There is plenty of green in my stash, not sure about the blue status.  I'll have to check.  One color I completely neglected in my shopping was "chrome yellow"  I am thinking a nice mustard or two would blend in just right.  Hmmm..... I'll give it some thought while I start cutting into my new fabric. 

8 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Great choices! I've been playing with my first block today and almost have it together - yay!!! I'm low on the bubble-gum pinks too, and the chrome yellow I just simply do not have at all. I've never collected reproduction fabrics and only have a few in my stash because of my Dear Jane. I'm using a bright goldy yellow instead. It's kind of in between a medium yellow and cheddar (which I also don't have). I'm also putting in a few browns I think.

Quilter Kathy said...

These are totally yummy choices!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Is there a quilt a long going on with this quilt, I have started to see quite a few people in blogland making this quilt all of a sudden.??? Gotta love getting packages in the mail.

Amy said...

LOL! You did better than I did; I saw Bonnie on for a brief while, but I was neck-deep in some online training videos for a new RTI Math program we....(scratch that).... **I** am piloting this year. :)

Great fabs!!! Can't wait 'til my order comes in from Hancock. Hawaiian Sunset fabs coming in with that order too :)

Suzy said...

I was watching Bonnie too and working on my hexes. Heard her give you a shoutout. :o)

Lynne said...

Lovely fabrics.

I keep saying I'm not going to start any new projects but I'm very tempted by the Row Along over at Bee in my Bonnet!

Kate said...

Beautiful palette. Maybe I should play along with this one. I have a lot of pink in my stash. Hmmm.

Andee said...

looking good! I will be sewing geese all day tomorrow by the looks of it! SMILE@