Saturday, September 22, 2012

Ta Da!

I started quilting bright and early this morning.  Well, first I ran out to the store for dog food, then I started quilting.  And Quilting.  And Quilting.  With all the strings and little bits in this quilt, I thought it needed fairly dense quilting.

I went with a swirly doodle in lavender thread with pink in the bobbin to go with the pink backing fabric.  Now I am going to go sit and sew for a bit.  I have two quilts waiting for binding and two more waiting for a turn on the frame. 
One thing at a time though, SO happy to have this one quilted

15 comments:

Grit said...

Wow, this is fantastic.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Angie said...

Orca Bay is such a great quilt pattern, but I love your interpretation even more - wonderful colors! Intrigued by your quilting - hope you'll show another view when it's all finished.

Cyn said...

Ditto what Angie said. More pictures of OB would be great! Very nice quilting.

Quilter Kathy said...

That's a great deal of progress for today!!

Sheila said...

Awesome! It is beautiful!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Awesome, almost finished with it. Yippeee!

Judy D in WA said...

Yeah for you!!! Quilting looks great!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great you are quilting your Orca Bay. I still have mine in rows. Love the colours of yours.

Candace said...

It's beautiful, the colors and the quilting are awesome. Congratulations.

Amy said...

Take a BOW girl----you are amazing!
LOVE
LOVE
LOVE it!

Teresa in Music City said...

Great job! Orca Bay looks great and I am sure that quilting design will keep the stitches nice and secure for many, many enjoyable years to come :*)

Suzy said...

Wow! Quite an undertaking which culminated in great success! It's awesome! :o)

Lynne said...

The quilting looks lovely,

Kate said...

Wow! Beautiful!

Andee said...

Absolutely stunning! Love, love, love it...I am cracking up because we both posted TA DA! :)