Sunday, September 30, 2012

Xmas Wonky Logs are Done

I just took the last stitch in the binding for Xmas Wonky Logs.  These bits of fabric had been sitting in a tub that was left for me by a nice neighbor who moved away two years ago. I've been in a bit of a clear it out mood as of late, so all the oldies some attention. 
The majority of the quilting is just a plain meander.  Ribbon candy graces the inner border with some practice feathers in the outer.  Someday I will get really good at feathers, until then I'll just practice some more.
Speaking of clearing it out,the back is a collection of 10 inch squares from all sorts of Christmas fabrics.  I am enjoying moving stash out on the back of quilts.  It is getting harder as I keep finishing up quilts, but there are always stores to sell more fabric when I start to run low. 

10 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Woo Hoo another one bites the dust! I get so excited everytime you finish one, like I did it or something. I wish! Soon.......soon I will have the time.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh that's a nice quilt! It's looks warm and comfy, just like a hot cup of cocoa on Christmas morning! Great job using up the odd Christmas fabrics for the back - it will appear reversible!

Debra said...

wonderful wonky.

Judy D in WA said...

10" squares are my favorite backing on scrappy quilts.
Great finish. How many is that for you this week?

Sheila said...

Wow. You are on a roll.
So I'm not the only one moving my stash to the backs of my quilts. Piecing quilt backs is extra work, but it feels good, doesn't it :)
And you have two quilts in one.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on another great finish!

Kate said...

Very pretty quilt. Congrats on the finish. Your "to be done" pile has to be getting significantly smaller in the last week.

Cyn said...

Wonderful wonky LC. Congrats on another finish.

janequiltsslowly said...

Great finish! Love the squares for a backing, I may have to copy that idea. Do you cut them 10.5"?

BlackmooreJoe said...

Your blog is considered traditionally feminine. However, gender no longer becomes something immutable. Many men openly admit their bisexuality - https://www.onenightfriend.com/bisexual-hookup.html That is why it would be great to accept men who want to do handicrafts to the club.