Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sunday Transition

It is going to be hard to switch gears and go back to work tomorrow.  The next few weeks promise to be even busier than usual, so it is my last chance to take a breath before diving into again.
 I spent most of the morning today sorting through the scrap bins and cutting out circles for my Leap Year Quilt.  It is so much easier to do the applique part each day if the circles are all ready to go.  It was kind of fun sorting through each color and picking one of each fabric.  I got quite a few circles sewn down over the break, so I am almost caught up again.  Looks like there are plenty of circles for the next few months at least.  We've just finished an Easter Sunday Ham dinner and all the kids are happily playing video games together.  Maybe I can get another color done before it is time to switch gears?
Once the circles are all prepped, I have a few new Works in Progress bags to put them into.  The pink one has been around for a while, and it was so handy to use that I decided to make a couple more yesterday.  I saw the pattern on Crazy Mom Quilts and she had it for sale on Craftsy.  I chose fabrics to go with the whatever zippers were on hand.  There are still plenty of zippers, thanks to a great ebay find, but I ran out of vinyl and had to stop for the day.
I'm linking up with Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching.  And Cynthia for Oh Scrap!  

12 comments:

Turid said...

Seems like many interesting circles here. And I like your plastic bags. Think I have to make some for myself.

linda said...

I sure do enjoy your blog. Always something interesting. Thank you for all the inspiration!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great idea to cut your circles ahead. I have that project bag pattern but haven't had a chance I make any. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

LA Paylor said...

I adore the picture full of ready circles. It makes me want to sew, just seeing it. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Cath said...

Oh, I like your plastic project bags....now where did you get that idea?

Delighted Hands said...

Take a deep breath and the time will just fly by...sewing the circles in a spare minute will help. I think the project bags are perfect; very clever!

Stephie said...

I remember seeing those pouches on Amanda Jean's site awhile ago and thinking they looked like a really good idea -obviously they are, haha! I love working on the circle project, but I'm a few days behind now - maybe I should take a leaf out of your book and make a few in advance. It looks like you're going to have a lot of fun!

Sheila said...

Hi Angela. Can you give a hint about April's RSC colors? Wink. Wink :D

Deb A said...

Love the project bags! Trying to figure out Aprils color from your circles. I'm guessing green? Ok, I'll be patient and wait and see.

Quilter Kathy said...

VERY cool bags and perfect to organize your circles!

Kate said...

Hopefully you survived getting back into the groove after spring break. Drama Teen is dreading the next month or so, lots to finish up before finals and AP tests.

audrey said...

Love those project bags! I'm always catching up on circles, the stitching is so easy to do on several at a time.:)