Sunday, September 3, 2017

Borders and Binding


I am so close to finishing off the border for the orange peel quilt.  So close!  I decided to go with a simple zig-zag to contrast with the curves of the center part.  I marked the points in from the edge so that they don't get cut off by the binding.  I love this rectangular PVC quilting frame for borders.  So nice and straight.  
 I got the binding for OMG sewn on yesterday.  I couldn't find a lime green that would work, so I just repeated another pink from the inner border.  
Then I stared to worry about having hand work ready when all of that was done, so I put together a couple more months of Leap Year.  There is another month sewn and on the design wall which means just two more months to applique.  So I should be done with the 2016 block of the day quilt before the end of 2017.  
I'm sure that not all of that will get done today, but it is a long weekend, so making serious progress seems likely.  I feel amazingly well after my long run yesterday morning.  It is remarkable what bodies adjust to with just a little practice.  Next weekend is 11 miles, so hopefully I will still be feeling good then.  
I'm linking up with Kathy and Oh Scrap! today.  Be sure to visit them if you have extra time today.  

12 comments:

Deb A said...

Pink looks great for the binding. I can't believe you are on the border already on the peels quilt. Great job. Wishing you lots of progress today and lots of relaxing.

works4me said...

It sounds like you are making some pretty good progress. The pink border works well.

I got sidetracked in August and am now trying to use my long weekend to catch up on my BOMs from August, and September.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you have plenty of handwork to keep you busy for awhile! I like how you're doing your Leap Year blocks, sewing them together a month at a time. That would make the final sewing a lot less of a job!

Sara said...

Great progress on those projects. I have 2 different sizes of the PVC quilting frames. I use them often and just love them.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have made a lot of progress on your quilts. Love your circles

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many wonderful rainbow quilts in the works!!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Congratulations on your long run! That's such a great accomplishment. I like how the pink turned out. It is the perfect finish to the quilt. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Andrea

CathieJ said...

Congrats on the run. I have never been able to even run more than a couple of blocks. Your border quilting idea is nice. I really like the repeat of the pink for the binding. Enjoy your weekend stitching.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You have really been making great progress on a number of quilts. Looks like you are set with lots of hand sewing. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the photo of the quilt in the hoop working on the border!

Kate said...

So many pretty and bright projects. Hope you got in some good stitching time over the holiday weekend.

UplayOnline said...

Great job. Wishing you lots of progress today and lots of relaxing.


ทางบ้าน